Re: what if use of up-to-date xslt processor not an option?

Subject: Re: what if use of up-to-date xslt processor not an option?
From: Dan Morrison <dman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:08:49 +1200
Warren Hedley wrote:
> alex chang wrote:
> >
> > I've been reading an XML Namespaces FAQ, and I thought I might be able
> > to work around my problem by having in my xsl:
> >
> > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
> > xmlns:trans="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
>
> I doubt that any processor will allow you to combine elements
> from different editions of the spec.

Supremely imaginative try tho!

It's an out-there concept. " I can't do what I want in this language,
I'll just shift into this one for a bit... " Imagine if you could!

Because Alex, most xsl-list denizens hold that because of the 4%
variation in specs (something like the difference between English
English and 'Merican), old MSXML is a COMPLETELY different language.

... to stop floggong that horse, an up-to-date processor IS an option.
How to upgrade whatever version of IE you're using to transform is
documented a dozen times in this list.
If you're being locked up without your rights down South in NTsville,
get a nearby developer do do it for you.

Otherwise, you should be aware that the old version is released as
'unsupported software' from MS, - and _DEFINATELY_ unsupported by this
group.
Everyone's still covering their ass by calling stuff 'beta's and
pre-releases. Don't make it harder on yourself than it already is.

: Dan Morrison        : The Web Limited    :