Re: how to output   to html from xsl?

Subject: Re: how to output   to html from xsl?
From: Daniel Hinz <daniel.hinz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:29:31 +0200
Kay Michael wrote:

> > I also tried put &#160; in my xsl file, it had the same
> > problem. Is there any way to write out &nbsp; to an html file?
> >
> This is a FAQ and also the subject of another thread currently running.
> "&nbsp;" and "&#160;" and the invisible character xA0 in HTML are absolutely
> equivalent,
> so if your browser renders them differently, get another browser.

You can also implement org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler (in SAX 1.0)and
attach this to an XSLT processor.

In your Stylesheet you create a special tag, like <nbsp/>.

Now, when your DoucmentHandler encounters the element it writes out

&nbsp;

instead of your Tag. This type of DocumentHandler is called a Filter.

This is a lot better than switching browsers (if you use Netscape ;-)).

Regards,

Daniel Hinz