RE: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?

Subject: RE: How is this part of the XSLT specification to be interpreted?
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:11:21 +0100
Jeni Tennison [

>David Pawson wrote:
>>Building on David Carlisles stylesheet, to make it a *bit* more
>>obvious what's going on :-)
>
>Now I'm confused! :)  I think that David Carlisle's stylesheet
>was meant to
>do two things:
>
>1. demonstrate how extension elements (the ones in the doc
>namespace) could
>be used to hold documentation that would be ignored by the
>processor, with
>an *empty* xsl:fallback being used to stop processors
>complaining that they
>don't recognise the extension element (it gives them something
>to do instead)
>
>2. demonstrate the effect of exclude-result-prefixes on the
>appearance of
>namespace nodes (and elements within that namespace) within the output
>that's generated
>
>I'm going to try to clear up my confusion by going through
>David's example
>step by step.  I'm afraid this is going to be another one of
>my long emails
>- please someone shout at me if I'm using up too much bandwidth here.

<snip huge/>

No Jeni, Yet again its me being confused. I mailed David offline
rather than go public with my repeat statement that it takes me
days to get my head around David's ten minutes worth :^)

Thanks for your high bandwidth contrib.
  I hope Tony and others appreciate your use of bandwidth
as much as I.

Regards, DaveP