Re: XSL/T Engine Comparisons

Subject: Re: XSL/T Engine Comparisons
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:10:07 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Sebastian Rahtz

> Paul Tchistopolskii writes:
>  > When I was experimenting with different XSLT engines,
>  > I found that only XT survived processing of  large documents,
>  > all other engines fail to scale  - the result usually was the
>  > "blow up" described above.
>
> I would have agreed, until the 5.3 generation of Saxon. Have you been
> able to push that over yet? I have not.

No I have not. I'm almost sure that SAXON 5.3 scales better than the
version of SAXON which I was testing long time ago ( because
SAXON 5.3 was a major rewrite ).

Those who want to test it in the way I did, it appears that
egroups still  contains some variant of benchmark I have been
using.

http://www.egroups.com/message/xml-server/203?&start=200

Rgds.Paul.