Re: XML to WML using Oracle XSLT and Nokia

Subject: Re: XML to WML using Oracle XSLT and Nokia
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:21:39 -0700
| Does anyone have a very simple example of an XSLT which will produce WML
| output readable by the Nokia phone emulator when run on the Oracle parser?

You do :-) you just need to use the API I highlight below which
lets the XSLT Processor do the serialization...

| Now you might think including the line:
| omit-xml-declaration="no"

This will work, too. Read on...

Alex,

You must be using the wrong API for the Oracle XSLT Processor.
We fully support <xsl:output> but it only has a chance
to have its "output hints" be obeyed if you allow the
XSLT Processor itself to do the serialization of the
result tree.

I'd be willing to wager that you're calling:

   DocumentFragment df = xslProcess.process(myStyle,mySource);

and then doing a:

   ((XMLDocumentFragment)df).print(response.getWriter());

This means the XML Parser is doing the serialization and
not the XSLT Processor. What you want is:

 xslProcess.process(myStyle,mySource, response.getWriter());

Which let's the XSLT Processor do the writing.

Your WML should be cookin' with this tip... We've got
many demos using stylesheet's like the one you show here.