RE: Slow response from list manager?

Subject: RE: Slow response from list manager?
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:40:22 +0200
> I, for one, am quite happy with Mulberrytech's handling of
> the XSL-list.
> A speed-up would be nice, but it's currently not too bad. We just need
> to persuade some of the IE5 users to use comp.microsoft.xsl!
>
> This list has a fantastic search facility for the archive, compared to
> for instance XML-DEV ;-).

Agreed.  It is _only_ the speed I am grumbling about, especially since there is a very low noise ratio here.

> > I missed your response.  Company policy is Outlook --
> Outlook policy is to make me grind my teeth, and I do not
> read each and every posting.
>
> Sounds like its time to suggest starting a linux/unix port of whatever
> you're working on :-).

Takes time to turn a supertanker.  But since most of what we do are in Java anyway it should definitively be possible.

I defintively need a better mailinglist reader than Outlook.  Given an email account on a Unixbox (at least I can get one) what would be a good alternative?