Re: Slow response from list manager?

Subject: Re: Slow response from list manager?
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:54:00 -0400 (EST)
At 3 Jul 2000 12:07 +0100, Lee Goddard wrote:
 > so - although the info may be published elsewhere on mulberrytech - it'd
 > maybe be an idea to post a FAQ to all new subscribers (like myself).

All new subscribers receive the "Welcome to the xsl-list" message that
contains information about the XSL-List, what's allowed and not
allowed on the XSL-List, and how to unsubscribe.  The current version
also contains two references to Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.

Much of the same information is posted to the XSL-List at regular
intervals under the subject line "XSL-List guidelines".  I try to post
it at the beginning of each month, so it just so happens that it was
sent out again today.  The guidelines also contain two references to
Dave Pawson's FAQ.

Lastly, if your mail agent makes URLs "hot", then the information is
just one click from every XSL-List post, since every post ends with
the "XSL-List info and archive" line containing the URL of the
XSL-List web page.  The web page contains information about the
XSL-List and three more links to Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.

In summary, what amounts to the FAQ for the XSL-List is sent to you
when you subscribe and every month after that, plus it's always
available online at the URL that's included in every XSL-List post.
If you're looking for an XSL FAQ, each of those sources contains
multiple references to Dave Pawson's XSL FAQ.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632