RE: Another question!!

Subject: RE: Another question!!
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:06:57 +0200
> The question is if anybodu knows if this "varde" is possible
> to use in later on
> in the xsl page or if this is a not god approach!
> I have tried to access it wit something like this
> <xsl:value-of select="@varde"/>

The way to pass down information is by using parameters or variables, which you can read about in §11 in the XSLT specification.

Define <xsl:param name="varde" select="'temp'/>.

It is then referenced as <xsl:value-of select="$varde"/>

By using xsl:param you can override the default value from the command line (XT and Saxon).  xsl:variable cannot be overridden.

--
  Thorbjørn