RE: Accessing a node name from within <xsl:attribute>

Subject: RE: Accessing a node name from within <xsl:attribute>
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:24:37 +0100
 Paul Tchistopolskii
>b. You are realy novice who thinks that "MS IE has XSL".
>In this case you should immediatly do what Michael
>suggests  you to do! (  I mean you should separate
>hype from reality  and install the second XSLT engine
>today ;-) It could be Xt or SAXON ;-)

After my experience this week I'd suggest Saxon.
Reason?

James product takes a Unix approach, if you don't know
what you're doing, don't use it.

James appears to have taken the 'relaxed' option to
error reporting, fully compliant with the spec I'm sure,
but still 'relaxed' (silent reporting I think was the phrase)

Mike  has taken a 'harder' approach and reports
errors where they are found.
(e.g. variable in match pattern caught me out)

I used xalan the other day for the first time, and it reported
two templates which had equal priority (something I hadn't noticed).

IMHO, any new user wants as much error reporting support as
possible.

Hence I think I'll start to favour saxon in future, even though
I rarely need the additional features that saxon provides
over xt. My only real preference for xt over saxon
 is that is shorter to type<grin/>

Another tuppence worth :-)
Regards, DaveP