Formatting Objects

Subject: Formatting Objects
From: Bovone Stefano <Stefano.Bovone@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:38:00 +0200
Hello everybody,

I'm feeling a gloom vision about Formatting Objects and I can't understand
why.
I'm hoping  in a Candidate Raccomandation as soon as possible. Could someone
of the Working Group about FO explain me (us) the situation ?
What are they planning to do ?

I think the idea of the Formatting Objects it's a great idea and the Working
Draft is not so bad. They have just a bit of work to do.

The couple XML + XSL can be used in a great number of Document Composition
tools, anc it can standardize this sector of the market. I can see a great
future for printing factory that are planning to use XML pus XSL: XML puls
XSL can effectively used to obtain print on demand, using XSL I can
effetively obtain personalized letters. PPML, JDF haven't a so much
potential.

At least this si my opinion. I'd like to know other opinions about these
problems.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano Bovone

Elsag S.p.A.