RE: Documenting xsl code.

Subject: RE: Documenting xsl code.
From: Jeni Tennison <Jeni.Tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:49:52 +0100
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
>The documentation language should not be restricted to any particular set of
>DTD.  This is -- of course -- depending on the style sheet creating the
>documentation.

Sure the documentation-producing stylesheet determines the documentation
that can be used, but it would be kinda nice if we could all use the same
documentation standard because (a) we'd only have to learn that one
standard to understand other people's documentation and (b) we could have
lots of different stylesheets giving different formats to the same
documentation without each person having to think up their own.  Plus,
using namespaces, anyone can always build extensions on top of what we use:
I'd view it not as a restriction but as a foundation.

Cheers,

Jeni

Dr Jeni Tennison
Epistemics Ltd, Strelley Hall, Nottingham, NG8 6PE
Telephone 0115 9061301 ? Fax 0115 9061304 ? Email
jeni.tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx