XSLT and FOP

Subject: XSLT and FOP
From: "Geeta Gudavalli" <ggudavalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:29:56 -0500

Hello,
     I am new to XSLT  and FOP.  I am trying to convert a XML document to PDF.
The resulting PDF document looks similar to an application form.  I read XML
data from a database and in turn convert it into PDF.  I have been reading lot
of information about FOP and XSLT.  I am able to convert simple XML data to PDF.
I am just wondering about couple of things.
1.  My XML data is somewhat dynamic.  As in application form, I may not receive
all the values for all the fields in the form but I have to include them in my
style sheet.  Is there a way to do that in XSLT?
2. As in application form, I am counting the positions of each field and
outputting the values by using fo:block.  Is there any other way to do this?
The way I am coding is going to be too long.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Geeta