Re: XSL FO -> PDF

Subject: Re: XSL FO -> PDF
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:02:21 +0100 (BST)
Rhonda Fischer writes:
 > I have been assigned the task of assessing an appropriate tool to
 > generate PDF files from XSL FO.

If I were you, I'd wait 3-6 months. I think its premature to make any
decisions

 > I am keen to recommend a product that is supported and continues to be
 > developed with updates issued
I do not see how you can get (and believe!) that assurance from anyone ...

please note that Cocoon uses FOP, so it is not an alternative

 > I did have a look at PassiveTeX also, although I was concerned that
 > information I came across stated that running headers/footers were
 > not dealt with properly.

they are, now. tables are the biggest weakness in PT

PassiveTeX is the only one which does serious multi-lingual
hyphenation, if that interests you.

Sebastian