Re: Xalan and apply-templates

Subject: Re: Xalan and apply-templates
From: Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:33:19 -0400
> Does this mean i have to pre-compile my stylesheet?

??   You shouldn't have to do anything special.  Send a sample, along with
a stack trace to the xalan-dev list, and we'll try to figure out what's
going on.

-scott

                    Craig Jardine
                    <jardinec@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:     XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    uk>                          cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Xalan and apply-templates
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    07/19/2000 09:56 AM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

OK. Here's the problem:

I've got a simple Java program which inputs xml files and uses xalan to
query them. It seems to work fine, except when the stylesheet contains more
than one template. This causes an exception when xalan get's to the:
                                apply-tempates name="other templates name"
line.

Does this mean i have to pre-compile my stylesheet? Is it just something
that doesn't work in Xalan?. Am i doing something stupid? The stylesheets
are definitely correct.

Sorry if this is an old problem - but i couldn't find anything in the
archives.

Thank's for your help.

Craig.