RE: XSL as a Programming Language

Subject: RE: XSL as a Programming Language
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:28:17 +0100
> I was wondering if people on this group also feel that xslt
> could replace traditional programming languages.

No programming language is going to replace traditional programming
languages: different languages are optimized for different tasks and for
different user communities.

I would like to see XSLT become powerful enough so it can be used
effectively, without escaping into other languages, to perform all
XML-to-XML transformations that don't require access to any external
information. I wouldn't like to see it being used to calculate missile
trajectories.

Mike Kay