XSL Variables and Stylesheet Version Problems

Subject: XSL Variables and Stylesheet Version Problems
From: Bill Shaw - EBCX <BillShaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:51:19 -0700
I am totally new to XSL and have just started writing stylesheets.  My first
simple attempts work fine both browser processed and server processed.

When I start trying to use xsl:variable or xsl:param I get method not
allowed in browser process and line error when server processed.
I am using the following reference:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
(and all works fine until I add in xsl:variable )

when I use a more current reference version :
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0"

..... I don't get any errors but it won't display anything either.  Can
anyone help me ????  I'm thinking maybe my parser engine but mot sure

Thanks for all help !!!!!!!!,

Bill Shaw
Web Developer
301 W. Jefferson, Suite 400