Re: html fragments

Subject: Re: html fragments
From: Brian Young <Brian.Young@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:34:01 -0400
Hello,

I don't know how I overlooked this, but this looks to be what I need.  Thanks a lot, Mike (all of you!).

Thanks,
   Brian Young

Brian Young wrote:
> Oh, and Mike, while I've got your attention (hopefully :)), what were you
> referring to about well-formed XML representation of JSP pages?  I read up
> on XSP, but am still trying to fit it into the stuff I already know.  Is
> this what you were referring to?

Since Mike Kay answered for me, I'll answer for him :)

JSP allows for an abbreviated, non-well-formed XML syntax using <% ... %>
directives, and it is this syntax that you're probably familiar with.

In the JSP documentation at Sun, a chapter is entitled "JSP Pages as XML
Documents" and it describes the relatively painless syntax changes that you
can make to your JSP documents in order to make them well-formed XML.

Here are some direct links to the PDF versions of the JSP docs:

JSP 1.0
http://java.sun.com/Download3?download-name=jsp1_0-spec.pdf&config-file=jsp1_0-spec.config&platform=pdf&protocol=HTTP%20download

JSP 1.1
http://java.sun.com/Download3?download-name=jsp1_1-spec.pdf&config-file=jsp1_1-spec.config&platform=pdf&protocol=HTTP%20download