RE: checking for existence of a file?

Subject: RE: checking for existence of a file?
From: "DuCharme, Robert" <Robert.DuCharme@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:13:02 -0400
>Is it possible to have my XSL check for the existence of a
>[directory]\filename and only apply a particular template (or portion of
it)
>if the file exists?  (I want to check for the existence of the file for my
>hyperlinks and only create the link if the file is actually there.)

The XSLT spec intentionally avoids I/O issues to leave as much flexibility
to the XSLT implementation.  So, it depends on which XSLT processor you're
using. If it doesn't offer this exact feature, it may offer a simple way to
call the appropriate function in another language (e.g. Java) to check for
the target file's existence.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii