RE: Sort supported processors ???

Subject: RE: Sort supported processors ???
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:51:58 +0100
At present with Microsoft you have a choice of two technologies: the
original IE5 processor which supports an obsolescent and poorly-documented
dialect of the language, which is very buggy but fully supported, and the
latest beta which is a nearly-complete implementation of the XSLT 1.0
standard, which fixes a lot of bugs in the original but is unsupported.

When I ask project managers to choose between a product that is obsolescent,
buggy, but supported, and one which is strategic, relatively reliable, but
unsupported, I get some interesting responses. I'm talking to one project
manager at the moment who is considering the hitherto-unthinkable step of
using open source software (you can guess which) to get him off the horns of
this particular dilemma.

Having said that, MSXML3 does support most of xsl:sort functionality.

Mike Kay