RE: running msxml3 from command line

Subject: RE: running msxml3 from command line
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 00:56:44 +0100
The problem is with external entities. My index.xml looks like this
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE page [
<!ENTITY pagehead SYSTEM "head.xml">
<!ENTITY toc SYSTEM "config/toc.xml">
<!ENTITY main SYSTEM "main.xml">
<!ENTITY right SYSTEM "right.xml">
<!ENTITY rss SYSTEM "rss/portalmdoc.xml">
<!ENTITY news SYSTEM "news/news.xml">
<!ENTITY vote SYSTEM "vote.xml">
]>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/xml/styles/toc.xsl"?>
<page title="XML Main">
<pagehead>
&pagehead;
</pagehead>
<pagetoc>
&toc;
</pagetoc>
<pagemain>
&main;
</pagemain>
<pageright>
&right;
</pageright>
</page>

Each of these files have a <?xml version="1.0"?> pi at the top. The new xml
parser spits the dummy at this so it never even gets to the xsl processor.
The stylesheet has the http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl namespace but I am asured
that it should be handled although I have no way of testing it at the
moment. This has probably been asked before but is there a reason why the
<?xml version="1.0"?> pi in external entities should cause a problem?
Shouldn't they just be ignored?

TIA Chris