RE: Relative URLs & XSLT

Subject: RE: Relative URLs & XSLT
From: "Beckers, Marc" <Marc.Beckers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:35:43 +0200
> Hi,
>
> ->I have a directory structure with xml content source files.
>  These are
> ->transformed in HTML via XSLT.  The resulting HTML files
> ->contain relative
> ->URLs (to for example images).  Now depending on where the
> ->source file is
> ->located in the directory structure, the relative URLs need to
> ->be different.
> ->
> ->What's the easiest way to solve this problem?

It sounds like you are outputting to different directories than
your xml source files.
This being so, you must have this information somewhere relative
to something, either in your call to the XSLT processor, or (if you are
generating
multiple HTML files from a single xml file) in the processor-dependent
extension that does your chopping.
Can't you put this information in some xsl:variable s or xsl:param s and
prepend your target files with the variables/parameters in your XSL
stylesheets?

You'll be wanting an example next....

Dr. Marc Beckers
Your friendly Documentation Consultant