RE: Standard XPath expression for the intersection of two node se ts (Was: RE: How can I test if an node included in a nodeset)

Subject: RE: Standard XPath expression for the intersection of two node se ts (Was: RE: How can I test if an node included in a nodeset)
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:59:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> > This is so cool, I hope it gets into the FAQ. It certainly deserves
> > documentation along with Muenchian keys and other Advanced
> > Tricks. Does
> > Mike get his name on it (a Kayish intersection)?
[...]
> (And yes, it will go into the faq)

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this before:

We had already
   $nodes1[count(.|$nodes2)=count($nodes2)]
as intersection expression.

If we add a single exclamation mark
   $nodes1[count(.|$nodes2)!=count($nodes2)]
it will become the difference of the two node-sets $nodes1 and $nodes2.

Regards,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |