Re: Saxon VS XT

Subject: Re: Saxon VS XT
From: "Manuel Montoro" <mmontoro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:27:38 +0200
I'll put my cent on this discussion.

I think that, although discussion is good (there is a brainstorming
that produces some good ideas [and a lot of bad ones]), this forum
can't go to a "holy war" between two ways of developing systems.

I think that, like in many other aspects of life, the answer to the
election between XSLT processors is: "It depends".
It depends whether you priorize adhere to an standard or do it
quick and custom or somewhere between both.
As ever, you have to put in take into account all factors that applies
to the problem at hand (and to the moment you consider the
problem) and take a decission. But please take into account that
this decission pertains to each one.

Regards.

On 4 Aug 2000, at 11:47, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Paul Tchistopolskii writes:
>  > Not implementing key() is almost not a limitation.
>  > Most of developers will never ever use key()
>  > because they'll never ever understand how to use
>  > this function.
>
> For good or bad, key() is well explained in several important
> documentation sources, such as Kay's book, the CraneSoftwrights book,
> and the FAQ. Possibly you'd like to visit the FAQ, find the answers
> which mention key(), and explain how to do it using XT?
>
> Developers will use what the documentation tells them to use. If all
> the books have solutions to common problems based on key(), it will be
> understood.
>
> Sebastian

Manuel Montoro
Responsable Producto