Re: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...

Subject: Re: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:43:30 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Paulo Gaspar

> A lot still has to change in the browser world for me to rely on a browser
> to transform XML. Besides, that often requires to transfer more data.

Well - consider Sebastian's test6.xsl ;-) He is generating
40K HTML out of 500K of data. I can not belive he'l send
those 500K to the client. I got the impression that he
said that he may do that , but  I think  there is some
misunderstanding on my side ;-).

> IMHO, server side transformations rule.

Sure. And not only transformations, but pipes of transformations ;-)
providing  the client with  the 'smallest possible chunk' and stuff
like that . Client / server programming is hard. It is not "just place
it all on client". Or  "just use RMI".

Rgds.Paul.