RE: Saxon VS XT

Subject: RE: Saxon VS XT
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 17:27:46 +0100
>> Yeah, and after that he changed water to wine.  I hear he will
>> ascend to heaven soon.
>
>Why?
>Don't you believe that things like rewriting a language (e.g.:Basic)
>interpreter over a weekend is possible?
>=;o)

I think this is a snipe at the legend that Bill Gates and crew wrote a Basic
compiler over a weekend fed on nothing but pizza and coke.
This legend is rather unfortunate because it means that when you work in the
states they think that pizza and coke is enough to entice you to work
overtime. Do not be afraid to say that this isn't good enough and only a
curry and a six pack will do.
Anyway I wasn't there for the friday lunchtime session or the weekend
brainstorm that produced the compiler. I do know it is not beyond reason to
create a binary to basic disassembler/decompiler that produces reasonable
readable basic code in a weekend.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml