RE: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...

Subject: RE: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...
From: "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:53:11 +0200
> Um no! think of an xslt and an xml snipped to the limit for brevity
> <xsl:template match="row">
> </xsl:template>
>
> <row>
> <c>xxxxx</c>
> <c>yyyyyy</c>
> for another 3000
> </row>

In the many cases where you do not have that many rows/records, the
simple
  <xsl:value-of select="c" />
is often already longer than the replacement.

> >Now, that being an advantage depends on the nature of the site. It only
> >works better if the template caching is used often enough.
> >

> No not even then!

You count in a funny way.

> >And there is still the issue of having to work with browsers
> like Netscape,
> >Opera, older Internet Explorer versions and so on.
> >
> And that is a red herring too. I can't browse most stuff on my WAP phone.
> Did Philips(crosshead) think of that when they produced + screws?
> Was it a lockin? Who knows. Who cares. You use the right tool for
> the right
> job.

My boss and his custommers care, as do most bosses and customers.

> >Much. In an Intranet there is more control over the used browser
> and there
> >is not so much compatibility concerns. You also tend to know the
> use cases
> >better.
>
> Yeh but by now most developers know the internet. We hope

I do not understand that reply.
Do you know what an Intranet is?

> >> Throw more hardware at it is just not an answer to badly designed
> >> applications as many people are aware.
> >
> >Correct, but some people are also aware that throwing more hardware in a
> >concious and controlled way can be a valid strategy to save development
> >effort and have faster results.
>
> True but now we are talking a finesse and that wasn't the point!

The initial point was a joke anyway. But you don't get it, do you?

> >> I won't even tell you what I think of preachers.
> >
> >Again, noticed the irony?
>
> Yeh but even a smile doesn't cover the smell of bullshit.

Well, now you show what you are worth.