Re: RegExp as an extension function?

Subject: Re: RegExp as an extension function?
From: "Imran Rashid" <imranr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:43:57 -0500
>>     I think it would be nice to similarly play around w/
>> regular expressions
>> similarly, to see if they have a place in XSLT 2.
>
> I agree. Let us all know how you get on. I'm particularly interested to know
> (a) what the required XPath functions should look like, and (b) whether
> there is a good robust open source Unicode-capable java library for regular
> expressions.

you weren't actually suggesting I implement my idea, were you?? =)

the library from jakarta looks OK.  it is open-source and supports Unicode.
I'm not really sure about robust yet.  I also saw some things about
thread-safety in the documentation, but I don't really know too much about
that stuff.

I'm not really much of a java programmer, but I think I maybe I could put
something together based on the jakarta stuff.  I won't be able to get to it
for a few weeks, but I'm hoping if I at least get something together, others
will run with it from there??

Imran