RE: submitting rtf contained within param

Subject: RE: submitting rtf contained within param
From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:18:38 -0700
MSXML treats everything as a node-set, thus no extension function.
Most other processors have a node-set extension function (which is
how Saxon does things).  My vote is "spec vagueries", and there
is talking of having the next XSLT spec formally require that
everything be a node set default.  Now, since all processors
besides MSXML require you to explicitly convert the RTF to a
node-set first, and since MSXML doesn't have a node-set function
(node-set isn't in the spec) you need to be careful writing
portable XSLT.  Unfortunately the relevant articles I do not see
in the archive yet, but Steve Muench gave an example that checks
contains(system-property('xsl:vendor'),'Microsoft') and
Evan Lenz pointed out that function-available('ms:node-set')
would also work (as used on page 462 of Michael Kay's book).

The second option may be preferred, because there is a possibility
that the next MSXML will just have a do-nothing node-set() extension
function for situations just as this..

I need to get this added to the FAQ..

Thanks,
Joshua