RE: Hiding the XSL ?

Subject: RE: Hiding the XSL ?
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:51:19 +0100
Ciaran,
A data island is xml within your html it can take 2 forms

<XML id="somexml">
<xxx />
</XML>

and

<XML id="somexml" src="somexml.xml"></XML>

The second form will kindof hide your xml/xsl but it is easy to get it if
you want.
There is another form which is now depracated which overloads the script tag

<SCRIPT language="XML" src="somexml.xml"></SCRIPT>

There is a tool from microsoft called the Script Encoder which will encode
vbscript and javascript
and is used in html like this.

<SCRIPT language="JScript.Encode" src="somexml.js"></SCRIPT>

But I doubt if that will work for XML.

You could possibly do this

<XML id="somexml">
<encoded>
8087098709870897087587654675454354235342543254323345478656598768758765764564
63543
</encoded>
</XML>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript>
 var xsl = deobfuscate(somexml.documentElement);
 var xsldom.loadXML(xsl);
</SCRIPT>

But again it is easy to get at if you want.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml