Which XML parser gives the most amount of detail regarding invali d XML files?

Subject: Which XML parser gives the most amount of detail regarding invali d XML files?
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:33:44 +0200
I have been given some XML-files which I accidentially discovered to be invalid according to the DTD, by using the "-validate yes" option to Xalan.

Unfortunately I cannot make Xalan make better reports than:

  Parser error: The content of element type "ENTRY" is incomplete, it
  must match "(HEADING,FLAGS*,(ENTRY|MODULE)+)".

which doesn't tell me where the invalid tag is located.  The Xalan-J mail archives are off-line, so I have been unable to see there.

Is there a more specific configuration or parser I can use for this purpose?  Almost anything will do :-)

Thanks in advance,
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen   "...and...Tubular Bells!"