Re: Interesting : Selecting unique value of an attribute

Subject: Re: Interesting : Selecting unique value of an attribute
From: Paul Terray <terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:05:50 +0100
At 07:55 24/08/00 +0000, you wrote:
Paul,

>I don't know about the method

I think it might be in the FAQ, but if not I found an excellent description
at Jeni Tennison's tutorials (useful bookmark):

http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt

It was definitively added to my bookmark list.

[Good explanations of the algorithm]

It is the same way as the one given by Oliver Becker, except he proposed using generate-id() instead of the union of the nodes. I don't know if it is any faster or slower. However, I find it more readable.

>It makes my processor stop, because the argument is a mix of nodes and
>boolean operator.

How do you know that this is the cause for the processor freeze?  What XSLT
processor are you using?

I really don't have an idea (pehaps it was me), but the error was specifically that the processor couldn't map nodelist to boolean, and I was trying the different solutions at that time sent to me at that time. My Processor is Oracle v2 parser.

Thanks

Tom

Well, thanks to you.

--