Re: How to remove duplicates nodes?

Subject: Re: How to remove duplicates nodes?
From: Michal_Mart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:59:47 -0400

Hi Joel,
Will this work:
<xsl:template match="/">

          <xsl:for-each
select="rule/rhs/value[1][not(.=following::rhs/value[1])]">

           <xsl:value-of select="."/>

          </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

HTH,
Michal

Joel Riedesel <jriedese@xxxxxxxxx> on 08/25/2000 03:24:20 PM

Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Michal Mart)

That's nice, but my structure is more complex and, to be honest,
I still don't quite get how I would do this:

I have a rule with multiple rhs elements.  Each rhs element
may have multiple value elements.

I want to find the first value element of each rhs of the rule and
no duplicates of those.

to get all the value elements I'm interesting in I do this:

 <xsl:variable name="values" select="rule/rhs/value[1]"/>

But, that may have duplicates, and that's where I'm having the
difficulty.  It's not obvious, to me, how to take the example from
the faq and apply it here.

Thanks again,

Joel

"DuCharme, Robert" wrote:

> >How do I remove syntactically duplicate nodes from that set?
>
> See the FAQ: http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/N2696.html
>
> Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
> snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
> spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii

Joel Riedesel
Jnana Technologies Corporation
mailto:jriedese@xxxxxxxxx