RE: Internal design documentation tools for XSLT stylesheets?

Subject: RE: Internal design documentation tools for XSLT stylesheets?
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:45:54 +0200
> What are people using to create internal design documents for
> their XSLT
> stylesheets? I was hoping to find a tool like JavaDoc to
> document my own
> XSLT stylesheets. Since I haven't received any responses to
> my request for
> tools of that nature, I was wondering just how other people
> create internal
> design documentation for complex systems built using XSLT. I
> am relatively
> new to XSLT and this is my first big project using it. So, I would
> appreciate any suggestions from others with more experience.
> Per my previous
> post, I am a big fan of documenting the sources and
> generating documentation
> from the sources directly. However, I'll take whatever I can
> get at this
> point.

We did a discussion of _how_ to create self-documenting XSL-files a while back, but not as much to _what_ to document.

Basically you can insert top-nodes in an XSL-file at will, and you need to protect embedded documentation nodes to suppress them during normal operation.

What would you expect documentation to be for an XSL-file?

--
  Thorbjørn