Re: unable to load language: javascript

Subject: Re: unable to load language: javascript
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:47:16 -0700
| With the following code, I get the following error:
|
| Call to extension function failed: unable to load language: javascript
|
| Can anybody tell me why?

This might be a shot in the dark, but I got exactly
the same error trying to use the Javascript in Apache SOAP.
After exchanging some email with one of the Apache SOAP
developers, it turned out that the problem was because
I had downloaded the Mozilla Rhino (JavaScript) Jar file
for version 1.5, when the BSF (Bean Scripting Framework)
that comes with Apache SOAP only works with the 1.4 version.

After returning to the Mozilla site and downloading
the Rhino 1.4 jar file, things worked. Since Xalan uses
BSF for it's Javascript support, perhaps these are related.