Re: Immediacy of preceding-siblings

Subject: Re: Immediacy of preceding-siblings
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:08:54 +1200
Matthew Bentley wrote:

> Does "preceding-sibling::*[1]" select the immediately preceding sibling, or
> would that be "preceding-sibling::*[last()]" ?

An addendum to the previous post. I just did a quick test and got reasonably
confused because of the following expression:

<xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibling::*"> ...

It should be noted that <xsl:for-each> always iterates through nodes in document
order regardless of the direction of the axis of the selection path. I can't say
I've ever run into this before, but I'm not sure if this is obvious or desirable
behaviour.

--
Warren Hedley