xsl to xsl (xsl creating xsl ouput)

Subject: xsl to xsl (xsl creating xsl ouput)
From: "Carlson, Thor" <CarlsonT@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:58:29 -0400
Using the examples in Mike Kay's book and the XSL-List archive, I used one
XSL stylesheet to create a second stylesheet via the <xsl:namespace-alias>
feature.  I also need to augment the new stylesheet based on an XML source
file (XML + XSL = newXSL).

Given the following XML file:

I want my output stylesheet to include the following in addition to the
hardcoded output:

<xsl:include href="include1.xsl"/>
<xsl:include href="include2.xsl"/>

The following stylesheet outputs XSL except I can't figure out how to
process the input XML file as well (the for-each doesn't run, it is merely
output as more XSL).

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
              xmlns:xsl="anything" version="1.0">
<x:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<x:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="xsl" result-prefix="x"/>

<!-- everything between the x:template tags
     is outputted to the new stylesheet
   <x:template match="/">
      <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">
      <xsl:template match="/">