RE: printing using a different XSL

Subject: RE: printing using a different XSL
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:16:59 +0100
>Hi all.  One again I'm messing with stuff way over my head (though I
>understand more than I did a month ago!)--I appreciate all the patient
>assistance I've gotten!  When my page gets printed, it needs to look
>different than when displayed on the screen--is there a way to use a
>different XSL for printing (with IE5) than for  on screen viewing with IE5?
>Thanks.  Eric

What you want to do seems reasonable. It might be better to change the print
button to open a new window with the print formatted stuff and print that.
Call it a print preview ;-)
Using the changeStylesheet.js change it so that instead of opening document

newWin ="about:blank", "the attributes for no buttons nav menu
newDoc = newWin.document
newDoc.write etc

Note there is also a media attribute on the <?stylesheet pi

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal