Re: testing an attribute value and node value

Subject: Re: testing an attribute value and node value
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:13:33 -0400
At 10:11 AM 09/19/2000 +1200, Russ Holmes wrote:
I'm trying to test the value of an attribute and the value of the node, but
am having trouble with the test expression.
I want to generate HTML for each node 'F' dependent on the value of the 'n'
attribute and the value of the current node.
My XSL looks like;

Need to change a few things in the stylesheet:
1. Change the namespace URI for the xsl: prefix. The one you're using is for a long out-of-date Microsoft IE version, which no one (including MS) recommends any longer.

2. Add a version="1.0" attribute to your <xsl:stylesheet> element.

3. Add a template for your root node.

4. Remove the xsl:choose structure and replace it with a simple xsl:if, and simplify the test condition.

The following stylesheet works with IE5 (July preview release), Saxon, and xt:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

<!-- Might want to use the HTML output method, too -->

  <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="F">
    <DIV>
      <!-- Need to test for values of F other than 1?
      If so, you'll need to go back to the xsl:choose/:when
      structure. -->
      <xsl:if test=".=1"><B><xsl:value-of select="@n"/> Works</B></xsl:if>
    </DIV>
  </xsl:template>