Re: Applying templates to Result Tree Fragment

Subject: Re: Applying templates to Result Tree Fragment
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:07:38 GMT
> I ask because I've done this exact thing using the May release of the
> microsoft parser and it worked beautifully, but when I tried the same
> stylesheet with the July release this no longer worke

You can't (in XSLT 1.0) apply templates to result tree fragments.
MSXML now enforces this, and like most other XSLT processors provides a
nodeset extension function to turn the result tree fragment into a node
set.

so something like select="msxml:nodeset($somedata)"

where msxml is the ms extension namespace (whatever that is, i don't
have the docs here)

David