M. Kay online chat 10/18/00

Subject: M. Kay online chat 10/18/00
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 09:47:37 -0400
From the XHTML-L list (apologies to XSL-List members who've already seen it there):

To: XHTML-L@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 09:34:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [XHTML-L] XSLT Info

At 09:19 AM 10/4/00 -0400, I wrote:
>In print, I strongly recommend Michael Kay's XSLT: A Programmer's
>Reference.  It does assume a significant understanding of XML, but I've
>heard from a few folks that they got through it on their general markup
>knowledge from HTML.  The first fifty pages or so are one of the better
>explanations of 'Why XSLT?' that I've heard.

It turns out Michael Kay will be holding an online chat on 18 October:
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=812

Please keep the heckling to a minimum.

Also, I forgot to mention the xmlhack XSLT story archive, though it's
pretty tool-oriented:
http://www.xmlhack.com/list.php?cat=2

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML