XSLT and Perl (was: Documenting stylesheets)

Subject: XSLT and Perl (was: Documenting stylesheets)
From: "Eliot, Topher" <Christopher_Eliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:11:39 -0600
Funny that you should bring up Perl.  I've been telling people lately
that I'm learning XSLT, and I don't like it for the same reason I don't
like Perl:  way too many subtle, tricky aspects to it.  It's seductively
easy to do a little bit with either of these languages, but then as your
needs grow more complex, the learning curve becomes downright vertical.
I don't share your optimistic view that "once you're adept at it, it's
easy...".

Perl has the added drawback of a community of users many of who seem to
share the belief that "more cryptic is more better".  Fortunately I haven't
found that to be true with XSLT (yet).