RE: NEWBY QUESTION : multiple html output

Subject: RE: NEWBY QUESTION : multiple html output
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:35:34 +0100
> Here's my problem : how could I proceed to have multiple
> distincts html files in output from a common
> xml description ?
> For instance : you have an xml file describing your document
> in several languages (english, french, ...)
> and I want an html file generated per language. Is it possible ?

Start by just subsetting the XML document to select those parts whose
xml:lang attribute matches the language supplied as parameter $language:

<xsl:param name="language" select="'en'"/>
<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:if test="lang($language)">
    <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

Then do another transformation to convert the result into HTML.

Repeat once for each language.

Mike Kay