Re: mathml xsl stylesheets?

Subject: Re: mathml xsl stylesheets?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:11:24 +0100
STENZEL@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > ... transform Docbook/MathML documents to something, which can be viewed
 > with a HTML browser ...
 > Note, this might include
 > - transforming the MathML to GIFs
 > - transforming the MathML to something else
 > - keeping the MathML and use a browser pug-in

IBM's techexplorer covers at least some of this, no?

Mozilla also displays MathML natively.

 > >thats _fairly_ easy. the xmltex package includes a partial
 > >implementation of MathML2, which could easily be turned into XSLT in a
 > >matter of minutes
 >
 > :-) You would not have these minutes it takes, would you? :-)

I didn't say how _many_ minutes! but really, it just needs some fairly
tedious editing to make it XSLese. I just tried it. taking

\XMLelement{m:mfenced}
  {   }
  {\left\XML@fenceopen}
  {\right\XML@fenceclose}

and turning it into

 <xsl:template match="m:mfenced">
  <xsl:text>\left</xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="@fenceopen"/>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
  <xsl:text>\right</xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="@fenceclose"/>
 </xsl:template>

did not take me long. of course, xmltex's MathML support is not
complete yet!

Perhaps the MathML conference now taking place will have thrown up all
the answers

Sebastian