Re: Xalan: formatted output

Subject: Re: Xalan: formatted output
From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:08:54 -0700
"Matthias O. Will" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Xalan-Java 2 to transform one XML file into another. Works
> fine, except for the problem that with the current version of Xalan, I
> am not getting my output with identation, although my XSL file says:
>
> <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="yes"
> doctype-system="http://www.dlmeta.de/dlmeta/2000/DLmeta.dtd"/>
>
> Whose fault is it? Mine or Xalan's?

Matt --

>From http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/readme.html

"Indenting in the output is turned off for a significant performance
gain. To enable indenting, you must reset _indentAmount from 0 to the
value you want in org.apache.serialize.OutputFormat and rebuild
xalan.jar."

If you have additional questions on this, I'd take it over to the Xalan
list:  xalan-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (if you want to subscribe, send an email
with no subject or body to xalan-dev-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Gary