Re: Following-sibling axis - original tree or current result-set?

Subject: Re: Following-sibling axis - original tree or current result-set?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:56:16 GMT
what you said:

> And given the following XSL which is attempting to output only the "small
> items" elements (elements with "small" in the name) in rows of 3 columns
> each:

what you did
And given the following XSL which is attempting to output elements which
are in positions 1 mod 3 and contain small in the name.

    <xsl:for-each select="//items/item[ (position() mod 3= 1) and
contains(@name, 'small') ]">

That filters out every third element, and then selects from those
ones that are small.

You want, I think to filter out the small  ones, then select every third
of those

    <xsl:for-each select="//items/item[contains(@name, 'small') ]
                                             [ position() mod 3= 1 ]      ">

and here you want