viewing details of selected item

Subject: viewing details of selected item
From: "Keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:01:26 -0600
Good morning listers:
I have looked around in FAQ and can't find anything on this one..it may be
as plain as day, but I can't seem to find the answer. any help would be
appreciated :)
I am receiving a bulk of data pertaining to a merchant or a location. both
of which have at least one POC (point of contact).  I am using jscript to
transform several xsl sheets with either set of bulk data.
the xml that comes back for each is similar to this below (without all the
details)
<GetMerchantDetailsResponse>
<Merchant>
<merchID/>
<merchName/>
<POC pocID lastUpdate>
<pocName/>
etc.
</POC>
</Merchant>
</GetMerchantDetailsResponse>

for Locations it's the same except for GetLocationDetailsResponse instead.

I am using an xsl list page to show the POCs for either.  Now, because I am
not doing another hit to the server and the POCs details are in the original
xml data, I need to transform the viewed page into a POCDetails page for
editing.  I have tried using several methods, none of which are working.
I tried..
<input type="button">
	<xsl:attribute name="onclick">javascript:GetDetails(<xsl:value-of
select="@pocID"/>)</xsl:attribute</input>
___________
I tried
<a><xsl:attribute name="href">javascript:GetDetails(<xsl:value-of
select="@pocID"/>)</xsl:attribute></a>

these both carry the pocID attribute to the function call, but when the
POCDetails.xsl is loaded, ALL POCs are listed in editable fashion.

I have been looking at, and working with,
<xsl:call-template><xsl:with-param>
as well as <xsl:call-template> <xsl:variable>, and set up the POCdetails
style sheet inside the POC list stylesheet, but nothing seems to work
correctly.

Keith Brooks
Software Developer
Global eTelecom