Re: transforming one specific subtree only

Subject: Re: transforming one specific subtree only
From: Jakob <jakob@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 23:01:44 +0100 (MET)
Thanks everybody,

that was quick and efficient help even though I should have stated
more clearly that it's DocBook (even though it should actually be TEI Lite),
not the very simple tree I used.

just in case anybody is interested, the template(s) I'll be using
are only slightly modified versions of Mike Brown's:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<xsl:param name='nodeId'>docHomePage</xsl:param>

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="//*[@id=$nodeId]"/>
  <xsl:if test="not(//*[@id=$nodeId])">
    <xsl:call-template name='notFound'/>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name='notFound'>
    <xsl:value-of select='$nodeId'/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="chapter|sect1|sect2">
  <h1>got here!</h1>
    ... and so forth ...
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Probably extremely inefficient due to the //*; and, no, the
processor I am using, Sablotron doesn't support id(), ahem.

not wasting any more bandwith,
Jakob Fix.