Re: Accessing the document.XSLDocument

Subject: Re: Accessing the document.XSLDocument
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:03:26 +0000
Bharat,

> The MSXML doc says the following, but I am getting error that
> document.XSLDocument is undefined when I try to access it.
>      The document.XSLDocument property returns the root node of the XSLT
>      style sheet document.
>
>      XSLStylesheet = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XSLTemplate');
>
>      XSLStylesheet.stylesheet = document.XSLDocument;  // Failing
> here

Actually I steered you wrong here. I remember having the same problem
when I was writing my selectParameters utility and being very confused
about it. I assumed that you'd managed to get it to work somehow as
you were using document.XSLDocument in your original script.  As I
recall the problem had to do with the fact that in the second
transformation, the document is actually just some text (the output of
the previous transformation) rather than being aware that it
originates from a transformation, so for the new document, there is no
XSLDocument.  At least that was my interpretation.

Anyway, the only way around it that I could find was to actually
generate the stylesheet DOM afresh and set it to that. This involves
identifying the file for the stylesheet, which shouldn't be a problem
in your case because presumably it's static.  Something like:

      XSLTDOM = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument');
      XSLTDOM.async = false;
      XSLTDOM.load('stylesheet.xsl');
      XSLStylesheet.stylesheet = XSLTDOM;

I hope that helps,