RE: Question regarding XSL

Subject: RE: Question regarding XSL
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:36:30 -0000
> I want to know if it is possible to associate different XSLs with a
> particular XML at runtime.

According to the W3C "Associating stylesheets with XML Documents"
recommendation, you can have more than one <?xsl-stylesheet?> processing
instruction, with pseudo-attributes such as media-type to determine which
one gets selected. However, I've no idea which products implement this, I
certainly haven't seen anything in MSXML3 that suggests Microsoft support
it.

Generally if you want to select stylesheets at run-time in MSXML3, it's best
to control the transformation from script in the HTML page, rather than
relying on the <?xml-stylesheet?> PI.

Mike Kay