Re: Template Matching Question

Subject: Re: Template Matching Question
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:49:10 -0800
| <Page>
|     <Unit>
|         <Dependent1>
|             <Name>
|             <ID>
|         <Dependent2>
|             <Name>
|             <ID>
|
| Is it possible to do a template match for Dependent that ignores the number
| in the Dependent tag? That way, I can do a for-each to process the
| Dependents... Maybe using something dealing with parent/child node
| relationships?

Not the most efficient, but the following will work:

  <xsl:template match="*[starts-with(local-name(.),'Dependent')]"

this will match any element (*) whose local name (that is,
ignoring any namespaces) starts with the string "Dependent"

If it doesn't appear to work, you may need to add a priority="2"
attribute get the this template chosen over others.